The Zauscher lab research lies at the intersection of surface and colloid science, polymer materials engineering, and biointerface science. These broad inquiries deal with fundamental behaviors of soft-wet materials on surfaces and interfaces.
Current projects include:
(1) fabrication, manipulation, and characterization of stimulus-responsive biomolecular and bio-inspired polymeric nanostructures on surfaces;
(2) nanomechanics of soft-wet materials and hybrid biological/non-biological microdevices;
(3) interaction of proteins with lipid membranes in the context of HIV-1;
(4) the role of glycoproteins in boundary lubrication of cartilage.
- LA Navarro, AE Enciso, K Matyjaszewski, and S Zauscher. "Enzymatically Degassed Surface-Initiated Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization with Real-Time Monitoring." Journal of the American Chemical Society141, no. 7 (2019): 3100-3109.
- WJ Eldridge, S Ceballos, T Shah, HS Park, ZA Steelman, S Zauscher, and A Wax. "Shear Modulus Measurement by Quantitative Phase Imaging and Correlation with Atomic Force Microscopy." Biophysical Journal (2019).
- LA Navarro, DL French, and S Zauscher. "Advances in mucin mimic synthesis and applications in surface science." Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science 38 (2018): 122-134.
- Y Feng, KE Marusak, L You, and S Zauscher. "Biosynthetic transition metal chalcogenide semiconductor nanoparticles: Progress in synthesis, property control and applications." Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science 38 (2018): 190-203.
- LA Navarro, DL French, and S Zauscher. "Synthesis of Modular Brush Polymer-Protein Hybrids Using Diazotransfer and Copper Click Chemistry." Bioconjugate Chemistry 29, no. 8 (2018): 2594-2605.